In a fast-paced, interconnected world, transport is essential for moving people and goods. Special cables are an integral part of ships. They are present wherever energy or control functions are needed. In the competitive ship-building sector, cables need to be :
- optimized regarding their weight and dimension
- fire resistant with non- toxic, low smoke fumes
- easy-to -install
Shipyards appreciate the way our plants have been able to tailor production to provide compact, flexible cable, precision-cut for easy installation. Significant space gains mean more passenger and cargo capacity. In an area as complex as transportation, one of our key forces is being able to respond appropriately to widely diverging norms, whether national, international or specific to an industry.
- Instrumentation and control cables assure that various navigational, trim, ballast and control operations continue to function securely in all weather and sea conditions.
- Telephone, data and coaxial cables assure the constant flow of information, including non-essential commercial services, like passenger telephone services
- For larger cruise ships, an onboard “central station” electric plant turns the vessel into a self-contained power utility for propulsion and various services, including passenger entertainment. An entire range of low and high-voltage cables and connectors are essential to this floating power plant.
- No matter what kind of ship, all systems have to function in crisis situations to assure navigability, communications, pumping and emergency operations. In the case of an open fire, these vital systems must survive intense heat for a given period. Gases, fumes and heavy smoke must be reduced to a minimum.