Annual Shareholders' Meeting of June 2, 2005
Paris, June 2, 2005 - The Annual Shareholders' Meeting of Nexans, held on June 2 and presided by Gérard Hauser, Chairman and CEO, approved the payment of a dividend of 0.50 euro per share, compared to 0.20 euro per share in 2004. The dividend is scheduled to be paid on Tuesday, June 7, 2005.
Commenting on the outlook for the Group in 2005, Gérard Hauser said: "At June 30, 2005*, Nexans' sales should have increased by about 2 to 3% at constant copper prices and exchange rates. The operating margin should be approximately 3% (compared to 2.6% in 2004) and our net income should grow, excluding non recurring events. For the first semester 2005, the increase in our net debt, which is usual at this period of the year, should be lower than for the first semester 2004. For the full year, we generally confirm the outlook announced in February."
The proposed resolutions submitted for vote at the meeting were approved with the exception of resolutions 9 and 14 relating respectively to issuances of securities not subject to preferential voting rights and granting of free shares to employees.
* Estimated IFRS impacts included
- Presentation of the Annual Shareholder's Meeting: (.pdf, 1445 kB)
- Nexans 2004 : Bâtir une croissance durable (in French) (.pdf, 320 KB)
- June 16, 2005 : Individual shareholders' information meeting in Toulon
- July 21, 2005 : Publication of 2005 first-half sales and results
- October 18, 2005 : Publication of 2005 third quarter sales
- November 14, 2005 : Individual shareholders' information meeting in Grenoble
- December 5, 2005 : Individual shareholders' information meeting in Lille
Nexans is the worldwide leader in the cable industry. The Group brings an extensive range of advanced copper and optical fiber cable solutions to the infrastructure, industry and building markets. Nexans cables and cabling systems can be found in every area of people's lives, from telecommunications and energy networks, to aeronautics, aerospace, automobile, railways, building, petrochemical, medical applications, etc. With an industrial presence in 29 countries and commercial activities in 65 countries, Nexans employs 20,000 people and had sales in 2004 of euros 4.9 billion. Nexans is listed on the Paris stock exchange. More information on www.nexans.com