Power & Environmental Monitoring & Access Control
A large data centre has similar consumption as an average town. They generate more heat and often suffer from inadequate cooling. With the escalating cost of energy the need for management information and control becomes evermore critical.
To optimise power consumption and energy use, Nexans intelligent offerings make it possible to meter actual power usage and produce trend data for any single or group of physical systems, enabling:
- Adequate capacity for existing & future needs
- Monitoring, measuring & reporting of power usage via multiple clients
- Billing stream capability for hosted clients
- Prevention of unauthorised use of power outlets / equipment deployment
- System load management (phase balancing, capacity planning etc)
- Recovery of locked servers via remote IP power cycling
- Alarming & trending of system, rack, powerstrip and outlet level overload conditions.